I was siting here in my office (AKA the cutest local coffee shop downtown) the other day thinking. I do that sometimes. I was thinking about good stuff, feeling grateful, and being productive.
Someone popped by my table that I hadn’t seen in while. We caught up for about five minutes when she said “You’re so LUCKY!” I said “Wow, thanks…life is good…” and changed the subject to her adorable flaxen haired cherub.
But I was really thinking — No, I just do it differently!
- I start each day with a positive mindset no matter what happened the day before.
- I accept, even laugh at my own and other’s imperfections
- I spend time thinking about the end product, the goal, and the WORK required to get there.
- I spend time enjoying the journey, not worrying about which road I am “supposed” to take.
- I live in the here and now.
- I look forward and don’t dwell on my past.
- I talk to everyone, network, and smile at strangers.
- I do stuff, lots of stuff- fun stuff, boring stuff, hard stuff, and easy stuff.
- I ask questions, investigate, and take chances.
- I make mistakes—LOTS OF THEM—sometimes more than once! But I never give up on myself.
- That’s right I said it, and I’m going to own it. I’m not lucky because nothing just happens.
Yes, I do believe we can manifest things into our life, but not out of thin air. I’m what people think of as “lucky” because I work hard.
I enjoy turning “my can’t into cans, and dreams into plans.”
I wish I would have said this to my distant friend. I wish I would have passed that on. Maybe that’s why she came to the table? Maybe I was supposed to excite her, help her light her own fire, and tell her how much ass she can kick. I won’t let that moment slip by again!