Cake is two women who believe that you have something unique to offer the world. Something no one else can offer, because no one else is you.
Cake believes in:
- Authenticity: You can’t be anyone but yourself. You’re the only one who can bring the real “you” to the world. Don’t miss out on that chance!
- Individuality: Your business doesn’t have to, and won’t, look or behave like anyone else’s. Discover your business’s personality (hint: it will be a lot like yours) and direct that energy at your Comrades.
- Structured flexibility: Imagine you’re crossing a stream. You look out into the stream, find a rock, and step forward to it. You bring your second foot to that same rock. Then, you scout for another rock, and step forward again, one foot at a time. Repeat, repeat. You might choose the next rock based on the position of a more distant rock, thinking this might be the best path to get there, but you’re open to a change in the meantime. We believe that there’s power in making plans, and even more power in plans made up of small steps like these. Those distant rocks, closer to the other side of the stream, can be where you see yourself this time next year, or can maybe even be one of your Five Year Plan goals. In the meantime, we’ve all got to just choose the next rock.
- Collaboration: Collaboration is powerful. The mentoring, accountability and partnerships found in groups is elixir for creative, entrepreneurial minds. Find people who inspire and motivate you, and, importantly, will hold you accountable.
- Momentum: Nothing gets things done like getting things done. Every small step forward adds to your creative momentum. Don’t let up! It’s always easier to keep moving than it is to start moving.
- Loving what you do: You shouldn’t spend hours of your day doing things you don’t enjoy. There are opportunities to find contentment in your daily work life; we’ll help you find them.
what you lovethe work! Too often we are so dazzled by the prize that we neglect the focused, intense work it takes to get there. Successful people worked hard to be where they are. So you found someone online who seems to have it all: a kickass web page, gorgeous photos, enthusiastic commenters, an active Twitter following…don’t lose sight of the work she did to get where she is. The good news is that there’s plenty of opportunity out there for people willing to do the hard work.